Pak Armed Forces are eligible for Medical Treatment Facilities after Retirement. In this article, I’ll cover Pak Armed Forces eligible for Medical Treatment Facilities after Retirement. Because all Pak Armed Forces eligible for have Medical Treatment Facilities after Retirement.
Pak Armed Forces eligible for Medical Treatment Facilities after Retirement
According to Fauji Foundation Rawalpindi letter No FF/WD/H/62 dated 14 November 2005, pak armed forces eligible for medical treatment facilities. Also same medical treatment facilities to pak armed forces and their families.
Medical Treatment Facilities Available after Retirement to Pak Armed Forces
Pak soldiers are eligible for Medical Treatment Facilities once Retirement. during this article, i am going to cover Pak soldiers eligible for Medical Treatment Facilities once Retirement. as a result of all Pak soldiers eligible for have Medical Treatment Facilities once Retirement.
Pak soldiers eligible for Medical Treatment Facilities once Retirement
According to Fauji Foundation metropolis letter No FF/WD/H/62 dated fourteen Nov 2005, pak soldiers eligible for medical treatment facilities. conjointly same medical treatment facilities to pak soldiers and their families.
Medical Treatment Facilities offered once Retirement to Pak soldiers
1. Fauji Foundation metropolis letter No FF/WD/H/62 dated fourteen Nov 2005 spells
out the policy on medical treatment facilities for retired personnel (Officers / JCOs / Airmen)
and their dependents (letter enclosed).
2. As per the newest policy of Fauji Foundation, the families of retired JCOs / Airmen area unit
entitled to full medical treatment / facilities. Retired personnel (Officers, JCOs, and Airmen)
are entitled for provisioning of appliances / supporting things i.e. Stent (s), Pacemakers,
Balloons, Valves; orthopaedic Appliances i.e. nail, plates and screws, hearing aid, IOL and
Dentures. However, solely those Officers/their families area unit entitled United Nations agency have retired from
service once Oct, 2001 and have minimum of ten years service to their credit.
3. The facilities offered to PAF retired personnel from Fauji Foundation Hospital
(FFHs) area unit any detailed within the future paras.
Hospital and Medical Treatment Facility
4. Fauji Foundation Hospitals (FFHs) services are often used for provisioning of medical
treatment / facilities to PAF pensioners at locations wherever military hospitals don’t exist
within fifty metric linear unit of FFH. once previous approval of competent authority, PAF pensioners are
provided with appliances / supporting things lime tube (s), Pacemakers, Balloons, Valves;
Orthopedic appliances like nails, plates and screws; Hearing aids, IOL and plate from
Fauji Foundation budget. the quantity / quantitative relation of help to a private are ruled
by the policies of Fauji Foundation fashionable.
5. Families of retired JCOs and Airmen area unit entitled for full medical
(a) Once associate degree officer’s identification has been established and it’s been determined that he
/ she needs either a pacemaker or tube (s), he / she is going to report back to one in all the subsequent FF
Hospitals (depending on his / her location / vis a vis the FF Hospitals):-
• urban center – Shaukat Omer Memorial Hospital
• metropolis – Fauji Foundation Hospital
• metropolis – Fauji Foundation Hospital
• city – Fauji Foundation Hospital
(b) The officer can give all his / her case documents to the hospital, which will
make a recommendation through a Board to Fauji Foundation Welfare Division
(Health) for approval.
(c) once approval, the case are came to the forwarding Hospital which will inform
the officer consequently.
(d) just in case a politician is treated in one in all the stipulated facilities as associate degree emergency
case, the paper work can follow constant channel for compensation of charges.
(e) All payments to be created to the treating hospitals are through the FFH that
originated the case.
7. Level of compensation. the amount of compensation shall get on a pro-rata basis
as mentioned below:-
Cols / equivalent – hr of the value grievous bodily harm limit of
Lt gap / equivalent – seventieth of the value compensation are
Maj / equivalent & below – eightieth of the value Rs a hundred, 000/-
(Rs one animal product only)
8. Ex Post Facto Sanction of Emergency Cases Following are the exceptions for
reimbursement of cost:-
(a) just in case of sudden emergency, the internal organ Dr. in AFIC is to require the
decision and perform necessary intervention to avoid wasting the lifetime of the patient.
(b) Ex post facto sanction of emergency arterial blood vessel Bypass Graphting
(CABG) /Coronary Stents / PTCA of patients United Nations agency are said AFIC for
routine Coronary roentgenography / PTMC / Colosure Device, are given once the
commandant or authority / Head of medicine AFIC has informed the MS FFH
Rawalpindi (or the other official selected for this purpose) inside twenty four hours of such
occurrence each verbally and in writing.
(c) The patient is to deposit his / her share and to report back to FFH metropolis
for necessary documentations. just in case the patient doesn’t report back once
completion of procedure, his/her Registration shall be suspended until he/she makes
the payment of his / her share.
9. the specified data concerning medical treatment facilities offered to retired PAF
personnel from Fauji Foundation Hospitals also are being launched on the computer network.
10. Commanders area unit requested to flow into the contents of this letter to lower formations
/ units for his or her data and widespread substance to any or all involved.
(ZIA UL HASSAN)
Air commissioned naval officer
for Deputy Chief of the Air employees (Admin)
Air Headquarters Islamabad
Tel Ext: 051-9505101
SECRETARY CENTRAL BOARD OF administrators
WELFARE DIVISION (HEALTH)
MEDICAL TREATMENT POLICY – 2005
1. Policy on medical treatment for beneficiaries is revised and updated from time to
time to include varied corrigenda and amendments in effect, supplement new
procedures in treatment and supply compatible backing. The life science and
treatment procedures/cost area unit undergoing constant changes. It is, therefore, imperative to
reset policy paper encompassing all well-tried treatment standards and allied details to the
best satisfaction of beneficiaries.
2. The succeeding paragraphs lay down the treatment parameters, medical procedures
and scale of monetary support.
Beneficiaries of Fauji Foundation
3. Beneficiaries of Fauji Foundation entitled free medical treatment include:-
a. Pensioners to the extent of provisioning of appliances e.g. stents
pacemakers, balloons, valves, orthopaedic nails, plates and screws etc,
Hearing Aids, IOL and Dentures.
b. Wives, Sons (upto the age of eighteen years) and daughters (till they’re
married) of ex-servicemen (JCOs and OR).
c. Daughters of ex-servicemen, (JCOs & OR) United Nations agency area unit windows/divorce and
dependent on their oldsters. However, on re-marriage, such daughters can
cease to be beneficiaries.
d. Sons of ex-servicemen already undergoing treatment for a selected
ailment can continue obtaining treatment for that individual upset if
treatment is needed on the far side eighteen years however upto the regulation of nineteen years.
e. Invalid sons of ex-servicemen no matter age (even on the far side eighteen years
of age) area unit entitled free medical treatment as expressed in Para seven.
f. oldsters of Shaheeds.
(Definition of Shaheed: – Those troopers United Nations agency attain martyrdom throughout war
or throughout peace time on the road of management thanks to the enemy action in
Azad Jammu Jammu and Kashmir and Northern Areas).
4. All staff of Fauji Foundation area unit entitled free medical treatment as per terms of
5. Invalid Cases. illogicalness is outlined as incapitancy to figure attributable to prolonged
illness. It are often of fol types:-
(a) Development incapacity. Having a physical or mental handicap e.g cerebral
palsy that becomes apparent in childhood and prevents, impedes or limits
normal development, the power to be told or to worry for oneself.
(b) noninheritable incapacity. thanks to trauma, vessel accidents, mental
disorders e.g. schizophrenic psychosis, frenzied Depressive malady etc.
6. Grades of incapacity
(a) Complete Dependence
(1) Grade one incapacity Total help.
(2) Grade two incapacity most help.
(b) changed Dependence
(1) Grade three incapacity Moderate help.
(2) Grade four incapacity Minimum help.
(3) Grade five incapacity oversight.
7. Individual falling in Grades one to two are classified as invalid cases and can continue
to be entitled for treatment as mount no matter age. but the specialist treating such
individuals are needed to render a certificate that the actual indl is associate degree invalid thanks to
(case to be mentioned), and in and of itself is also allowed treatment. Approval for such cases
will be obtained from Wel Div (H). associate degree up-to-date list of invalids are maint by every project,
covering following heads:-
a. Name of invalid.
b. Father’s variety, rank & name.
c. Age of invalid.
d. Nature of incapacity.
e. Declared invalid by Doctor_______on_______(Date, Month, Year).
f. Signature of authority declaring the individual as invalid.
PROVISION OF FACILITIES OUTSIDE FFHs
8. Facilities to be provided/arranged for mount outside FFHs are:-
a. internal organ Surgery.
b. internal organ Appliances.
c. orthopaedic Appliances.
d. inquiring Procedures:-
(2) CT Scan
(3) Laboratory Investigations facilities, that aren’t offered in FFHs.
(4) These to be suggested solely, if it’s felt that while not the on top of lifetime of
a patient is also in danger.
e. Surgical Procedures: –
(1) Plastic Surgery: – cosmetic surgery are provided to cases falling in
Grade-1 and Grade-2 incapacity to enhance useful ability solely, if there’s
full risk of rising the incapacity grade to three, 4 or 5. The expenditure
will not exceed the set down money limits.
(2) Neurosurgery: – Spinal surgery are undertaken solely in life saving
(3) alternative surgical procedures/facilities, that aren’t offered in FFHs.
f. Intra Ocular Lenses.
g. Hearing Aids: – the value are restricted to Rs twenty,000 and Rs eighty,000 for
Analog and Digital severally. Issue are restricted to 1 issue solely.
9. These area unit as under: –
a. internal organ Surgery. can embody arterial blood vessel Bypass Graft, Valve
Replacement, and Correction of nonheritable Defects like Fallots characid unergetic etc.
b. internal organ Appliances. internal organ Appliances embody stents, balloons,
pacemakers, valves etc.
c. orthopaedic Appliances. These embody nails, plates, screws etc.
d. MRI. are organized by Fauji Foundation as per procedure expressed in Para
12. Doctors of the standing of Consultant/Specialist can solely order imaging.
e. CT Scan. Specialist with can order CT Scan not but 5 years
experience once major post graduation. the power of CT scan are
provided to mount as under: –
(1) FFH Rwp From RGH Rwp on contracted/negotiated rates
(2) FFH Psc From Hayatabad Medical complicated city on
Contracted / negotiated rates
(3) FFH Kallar can send patients to FFH Rwp for CT Scan through FFH
Kahar & Jhelum Rwp
(4) FFH metropolis On shrunken rates
(5) FFH Sialkot can send patients to FFH metropolis for CT Scan through
(6) FFH Khanewal From Nishtar Hospital Multan on contracted/Negotiated
(7) SOMH (FF) From JMPC urban center/Civil Hospital Karachi on
Karachi contracted/Negotiated rates
f. Intra Ocular Lenses
g. Hearing Aids
h. Dentures. the subsequent styles of dentures are arranged:-
(a) Complete plate. are provided just once.
(b) plate. Addition are provided.
(2) Procedure. Necessary work can solely be undertaken once
approval of WD (H). The involved dentist can build
necessary entry within the patient’s treatment book giving the date
and details of dentures provided. Record of such dentures be
maintained by the dentist.
j. Provision of Artificial Limbs. Artificial limbs offered within the ALC can
provided by ALC Rwp. just in case a mount needs a Limb/Appliance apart from
available, he/she can pay the value therefrom.
10. viral hepatitis Treatment. Treatment for viral hepatitis are provided by Fauji
Foundation as per Anx A to CBODs letter No. FF/WD/H/62 dated twenty two, Nov 2004 that is
reproduced, and at as Anx ‘A’.
11. Provision of Stents and Pacemakers to Retd Offrs. Retired officers are provided
stents and pacemakers as per Anx ‘A’ to CBODs ltr no. FF/WD/Health/62 dated 08, Jan
2004 that is reproduced, and at as Anx ‘B’.
Processing and Referral System
12. Pocessing of cases for availing facilities/requirements listed in Para eight on top of are
as under: –
a. The procedure/requirements are suggested by the specialist involved.
b. Case outline are ready and forwarded to Wel Div (Health) through
MS/Administrator of the hospital for approval. Board Proceedings of Board of
Officers beside case outline also will be forwarded. the subsequent documents
will accompany the Board proceedings and case summary: –
1) Photocopy of National positive identification. just in case of wife/child, photocopy of
National positive identification of husband/father also will be sent.
2) Photocopy of kind ‘B’ if needed.
3) Photocopy of Army Discharge Certificate/Book.
4) just in case of widow, photocopy of Pension Book.
5) Estimate of expenditure from the involved facility outside the FFH.
c. throughout surgical operation at AFIC, if demand of further treatment is
determined at AFIC, this treatment are provided and extra price
determined later. No life are risked on account of price. Such unforeseen
cases are provided backing and details/justification are
furnished by AFIC later on for documentation/audit etc. Details area unit at
13. comes auth to refer cases for medical treatment outside FFHs are: –
a FFH metropolis
b. FFH city
c. FFH Lahore
d. SOMH (FF) urban center
e. FFH Jhelum
f. FFH Kallar Kahar
g. FFH Sialkot
h. FFH Khanewal
14. licensed establishment for internal organ Treatment.
a. AFIC/NIHD metropolis
b. PIC Lahore
c. NICVD urban center
d. Liaqat National Hospital urban center
e. Rehman Medical Centre city
Financial Support and monetary fund Parameters
15. Fauji Foundation can no matter the value of treatment offer a most of Rs
200,000.00. quantity olympian two hundred,000 are paid by the patient before the
procedure/operation to be meted out.
16. Hospitals auth to refer cases can indicate demand of funds for medical treatment
outside FFHs within the annual budget forecast beneath Head “Medical Treatment outside FFHs”.
Accounting for expenditure beneath the top are created individually for every treatment
17. Attention is drawn to following points:-
a. physiological state cases. Case-requiring treatment of female/male physiological state won’t be
b. oldsters of mount. won’t be provided medical facilities except oldsters of
c. Blood provision. Blood merchandise less blood are provided by all
Urban and Semi Urban Hospitals. Blood needed by the patients are
arranged by relatives of the patients. FF Hospital won’t offer blood or reimburse
the expenditure on purchase of blood from out aspect.
d. Re-imbursement claim. No re-imbursement are allowed for any
expenditure on treatment from outside while not recommendations of Fauji
foundation medical comes. However, price of emergency treatment outside
FFHs incurred by mount are re-imbursed once scrutiny/approval of welfare
e. endocrine. won’t be provided by FFHs.
f. Delivery Cases. Since physiological condition may be a physiological development, delivery
cases won’t come back on the class of free treatment and can be charged as
per rife rates for personal patients.
g. Bone Marrow and urinary organ Transplant. aren’t licensed. inquiring
procedures and drugs pre and post urinary organ transplant aren’t licensed.
h. Treatment of pensioners. Pensioners can solely be provided treatment at FFH
med comes wherever military hospitals aren’t existing inside a radius of
j. Issue of drugs to chronic patients. associate degree initial issue of medicines for a
period upto fifteen days are created to a patient full of a chronic upset
as suggested by the specialist from the referral hospital. Specialist
concerned also will advocate the following:-
(1) amount that medicines area unit needed to be issued later on
by the MEd project on that dependent.
(2) variety of days medicines area unit to be issued at a time relying
upon distance of the patient’s residence from the medical project on
which dependent mode of transport offered within the space traveling
time and expenses on traveling viz-à-viz price of medicines being
(3) Date patient ought to report back to the specialist for review of the
k. cancer cases. Cancer cases having no probability of any improvement are
provided symptomatic treatment solely on the recommendations of the
l. Emergency treatment. Whenever associate degree emergency is dropped at a Fauji
foundation medical project, emergency life saving treatment are provided
irrespective of class of patient as well as non-entitled patients.
m. Panel of consultants, Be maintained for all urban FF Hospitals for referrals, if
concerned specialists aren’t offered in FF Hospitals.
n. misconduct cases. Cases of misconduct of patients or attendants with the
doctors/staff of Fauji foundation medical comes are referred MEd Sec,
Wel Div with recommendations for necessary action. There up the action can
be taken within the light-weight of steerage received from Wel Div.
18. All previous letters on the topics issued from time to time herewith off.
19. Treatment policy are reviewed once each 3 years.
MEDICAL TREATMENT – viral hepatitis PATIENTS
APPROVED VIDE SECY CBODS workplace NOTE
No.FF/WD/H/62 dated twenty two Nov 2004
1. Younger age and females respond higher to treatment. Between the age 50-60 years
response to treatment is a smaller amount and treatment connected aspect effects area unit a lot of. In those who area unit
more than fifty years, treatment are suggested by the MD on case to
2. Combination medical aid are started if altitude is persistently raised, haematological
parameters area unit inside traditional limits, opposing HCV reactive, HCV polymer detected on PCR and
there is proof of serious necroinflammation on liver diagnostic assay. but in elite
cases liver diagnostic assay is also omitted on the recommendations of MD. In cases
with traditional altitude and fulfilling all alternative criteria for beginning treatment, liver diagnostic assay are
3. Patients with decompensated chronic disease won’t be treated.
4. normal treatment are for 6 months with antiviral drug alpha thrice weekly and
ribavirin 800-1200 mg/day. people who relapse or don’t respond is also thought of for
other choices like pegylated antiviral drug, endocrine alpha or alternative.
5. Genotyping are exhausted tough to treat cases. In genotype one and four, length of
treatment is also upto one year.
6. Patients with chronic renal disorder and chronic HCV infection are treated with
pegylated antiviral drug before beneath going urinary organ transplant.
7. reason to treatment, each absolute and relative are as per national
8. No proof of malignant hypertension.
9. No severe co-morbid medical condition (Diabetes Mellitus, thyroid disorder, medicine
illness, machine immune disorders).
10 traditional haematological parameters.
SOP-PROVISION OF STENTS AND PACE manufacturers TO OFFRS
APPROVED VIDE SECY CBODS workplace
NOTE NO FF/WD/HEALTH/62 DATED eight Jan 2004
The CBODs meeting no. 4/2003 of Sept 03, it had been set to increase the power of
provision of stents and pacemakers to the retired Army officers of the rank of Cols and
below and equivalent ranks of PAF and PN.
In order to outline the procedure to be followed in order that issues area unit obviated, the fol SOP is
– Treating facilities. The beneath mentioned facilities are known because the
o urban center – NICVD, Liaqat National Hospital
o metropolis – Punjabinstitute of medicine
o metropolis – AFIC
– The procedure.
o once associate degree offr’s identification has been established and it’s been
determined that he needs either a pacemaker or tube (S), he will
report to one in all the fol FF hospitals (depending on his loc/proximity
to the FF Hosp):-
Karachi – SOMH (FF)
Lahore – Fauji foundation hospital
Rawalpindi – Fauji foundation hospital
Peshawar – Fauji foundation hospital Contd seventeen
• the officer can give all his case documents to the
hosp, which can build a recommendation through a board
indicating the subsequent and fwd constant to WD (H) for
Particulars of the officer
The facility at that the procedure is to be undertaken.
• once approval, the case are came to the forwarding
hosp which will inform the offr consequently.
• just in case a politician is treated in one in all the stipulated facilities
as associate degree emergency case, the paper work can follow constant
channel for compensation of charges.
• All payments to be created to the treating hospitals are
through the FF hospitals that originated the case
Level of compensation. the amount of compensation shall get on a pro-rata
bases as shown below:-
– Cols – hr of the value
– Lt Cols – seventieth of the value
– Maj & below – eightieth of the value
(Note:- most limit for re-imbursement are Rs. 100,000/- only)
Dissemination. Dissemination of the policy are accomplished through :-
– AG’s Br, GHQ
– Islamic Republic of Pakistan military service board
– FF medical comes
EX-POST FACTO SANCTION OF EMERGENCY CABG/CORONARY
STENT/PRIMARY ANGLOPLASTY FOR PATIENTS United Nations agency HAVE PERMISSION FOR
CORONARY ANGIOGRAM/PTMC/CLOSURE DEVICES AT AFIC/NHID metropolis
1. The fol are set and should be implemented:
a. just in case of sudden emergency the operator in AFIC to require the choice
and perform necessary intervention to avoid wasting the lifetime of the patient.
b. Ex post facto sanction of emergency CABG/Coronary Stent/PTCA of patient
who are said AFIC for routine Coronary
angiography/PTMC/Closure device, ought to incline once the officer
or adviser/head of medicine AFIC has informed the MS FFH metropolis (or
any other official selected for this purpose) inside twenty four hours on such
occurrence each verbally and in writing.
c. Patient ought to be explained and asked to deposit his share and to report
back to Fauji foundation hospital metropolis for necessary documentations.
In case the patient doesn’t report back once completion of procedure his
registration shall be suspended until he makes the payment of his share.
d. The officer AFIC can offer details of all such cases that were
referred for routine Angio/PTMC/Closure devices and that they want emergency
intervention like CABG/Coronary Stents/PTMC/PTCA.
SECRETARY CENTRAL BOARD OF administrators
Subject: Medical Treatment Policy-2006
Ref: Secy CBODs ltr no FF/WD/H sixty two dated fourteen Nov 2005
Existing para 17f : Delivery case is also deleted and substituted by the
Delivery Case: Since physiological condition may be a physiological development, are charged as
per following package deals:-
(1) traditional delivery (incl perineotomy and – Rs 2000.00
(2) Caesarian Section Rs 6500.00
Brig Syed Muhammad Mujtaba
Secretary Central Board of
No FF/WD/H/62 Dated twenty five Nov, 2005
Welfare Division Health
1. Dir Fin
2. container Fin Health
3. All Medical comes
SECERTARY CENTRAL BOARD OF administrators
Subject: Medical Treatment Policy 2005
Ref: Secy CBODs ltr no FF/WD/H/62 dated fourteen Nov 2005
Existing Para seventeen g: Bone Marrow and urinary organ
Transplant is also deleted and substituted as under:-
Bone Marrow and urinary organ Transplant aren’t licensed.
However, just in case a beneficiary gets a urinary organ transplant done beneath own
arrangements, the muse can offer post transplant investigation facility and needed